With the recent rise in weather, many dog owners are taking their dogs to the pools, lakes, rivers and seas to cool off. Let us remind you of a few water safety tips to keep in mind:
It could be worse than what you think.
Bilir Water toxins in may affect any dog that swallows a lot of water during swimming, diving, water-making toys, water splashes, or other activities involving water. Dogs can swallow even more when they are hot or especially excited. If you notice that your dog is visibly swallowing more water – especially if you notice that your dog is shaking, vomiting, or suddenly lethargic, then let the body take a break in the shade for a while until you catch and eliminate these excesses.
Use the life jacket.
Good swimmer dogs can get tired. We can say that any dog on a ship in the sea should wear a life jacket, the dogs on the rafts, canoes and skis in the river, especially in the fast water, should be made in any place where they can enter into the water without being told that they should wear a life jacket. Remember that they will get tired if they will be on the water all day.
Watch out for toxic waters.
Blue-green warm and shallow water for your dog algae can develop more problems. Algae may exist throughout the year, when the problems are often an intense bir algae Yos. Most of the algae occur in late summer or early autumn, but may occur earlier, especially when the weather is unusually hot and dry. Toxic waters can be blue, bright green, brown or red. Care should be taken in cases such as toxin-producing algae.
In dogs, toxin symptoms may begin with drowsiness, followed by vomiting and diarrhea. Shivering and seizures can occur almost immediately. Additional symptoms range from excessive saliva, skin irritation, and severe respiratory, circulatory, or neurological disorders. Unfortunately, in a serious situation after four hours, there may be problems that are not solved.
Avoid is the best form of action. Keep your dogs away from stagnant water in warm weather, especially if you notice one of the following:
- If the water looks like green paint or mossy.
- Smells like swamp or mildew.
- If there are things that look like foam or dirt on the water.
If your dog comes into contact with water, avoid licking his feet and rinse thoroughly with clean water as soon as possible. If you suspect problems, contact the veterinarian immediately.